Annual Re-registration for Returning Students 

South Central families can complete annual back-to-school and athletics forms online using FinalForms. This link can also be used for mid-year updates to student information. 

Account Creation

Student signatures: Grades 7-12 students may use their district-assigned email address to sign into FinalForms to complete the student signature portion of the forms. Students should use the "Never logged in" or "Forgot password" options to obtain a link to create a new password. A district-assigned password is not set for students.

Missing Parent Email Addresses: A parent within each household should have received a FinalForms invitation. Families who did not receive an invitation may not have an email address on file. If you encounter any problems, please contact the building secretary.

Athletic Forms

Our South Central Athletics Packet is now incorporated within FinalForms online forms. In addition to being able to submit all of the required OHSAA documents, student health information will carry over onto the printable OHSAA Physical questionnaire packet that families can take to the student's sports physical. In future years, families will need only to update the previous year's content to complete the requirements.

New Enrollment

Thank you for your interest in enrolling at South Central Local Schools. We are proud to serve preschool through high school students in Huron and Ashland counties and look forward to getting to know your child and your family.

To begin the enrollment process for either K-12 or preschool, please review the steps below. If you are inquiring about Open Enrollment, please contact the Board of Education office.

1. Schedule an Appointment

Registration/enrollment will be done remotely at this time. If you don’t have the means to do the enrollment remotely, please contact us at 419-752-3354 ext.11221 for High School, 419-752-0011 ext. 22242 for Junior High, or 419-752-5021 ext. 22236 for Elementary to schedule a time to come in and register your student(s). Only a parent, guardian, or legal custodian may enroll a child.

2. Enroll

You will meet with our building secretary to complete your registration. Make sure to have all of the required documentation in hand when you arrive. We are unable to complete your registration without each item.

  • Student Birth certificate (copy of the original certified birth certificate)
  • Student Immunization record (Link: Immunization Requirements)
  • Photo ID of parent/guardian
  • Two (2) proofs of residency from the following list
    • Utility bill (electric or gas)
    • Tax bill
    • Purchase agreement for new home
    • Lease agreement for rental property
    • Rental or homeowner’s insurance policy or statement
    • Paycheck/employer letter (on employer letterhead)
    • Voter registration card
    • Government assistance stub, with address in our district
    • Residency affidavit
  • Foster placed students will also require the journal entry from the court
  • Court papers (legal custody or change of custody) if applicable

Other information that will be helpful during registration

  • Social Security Number
  • Information about special services received at previous school (IEP/MFE/504 Plan)
  • Copy of grade card or transcripts from prior school
  • Previous school name, address, phone number and fax number

3. Complete Registration Online

South Central uses an online registration process to gather the needed information to enroll your child in school. During your appointment with the Registrar, an account will be set up for you in FinalForms. Your student's account will also be created and linked to you. FinalForms will then send you an e-mail with a link you must click on to confirm your account and set up your password. You may then click on the incomplete forms button and complete all of the forms for your student(s).

If you require assistance completing the online registration packet, please contact the appropriate building secretary. Your registration is complete when you have completed your forms and have completed steps 1 and 2.

Procedure for Custody Verification for Students in All Grades

All custody paperwork must be court-stamped by a family court magistrate or judge. Documents without an official court stamp will not be accepted. The school district will make and retain a photocopy of each document for the student’s confidential file.

Residency and Custody Paperwork

Please Note: Without all necessary residency and custody paperwork on file in school offices, students will not be permitted to start the school year. 

McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act

The McKinney-Vento Act strongly emphasizes the importance of school stability for homeless children and youths. For more information on resources available to families experiencing homelessness, contact the South Central Board of Education Office (419-752-3815).

Open Enrollment

Students living outside the South Central Local School District can apply to attend South Central as an open enrollment student.

Parents who wish to send their student(s) to South Central under open enrollment must complete the necessary application process and obtain approval before being enrolled. Please contact the Board of Education office for more details. Further information on the process is included in the packet linked below.

Open Enrollment 2020-2021

Open enrollment Parent Agreement