Dear Parents or Guardians: September 13, 2019
If you have spare time this weekend and are looking for something to do, you don’t want to miss the South Central Parade of Bands. South Central Parade of Bands Marching Band Show is tomorrow night at 7:00pm in the SC football stadium. It will feature 7 marching bands including Walsh University. Tickets are $6, kids 4 and under are free. Concessions and gates open at 6pm.
Thanks for all you do!
- September 14: SC Parade of Bands at 7:00 pm.
- September 16: 5/6 grade VB home v. Monroeville; 5/6 FB home v. Mapleton
- September 16: Board Meeting at 7:00pm; JH VB home v. Monroeville.
- September 18: JH FB at Monroeville: 8th grade science rocket orders are due.
- September 19: JH Volleyball at New London; Academic challenge practice after school until 4 in Mrs. Bute’s classroom.
- October 1: 8th grade Field Trip to EHOVE for Career Day. Please return the permission slip.
- Washington DC candy bar sale continues. Students can only receive their next box when the first box is paid for (or can be paid ahead).
- Spirit Week September 16-20:
- Monday: Hat and Dress down Day
- Tuesday: Twin Day
- Wednesday: Crazy Hair
- Thursday: Black and Gold Day – SCMS Pep-Rally
- Friday: Favorite Team Day
- 5th grade parents will need to pay $33 for their student to attend Mohican Outdoor School (MOS). Checks can be made out to South Central Schools. The $33 is due NO LATER than October 11th. Remember: students going on the trip need boots. Students not going have to attend school on the days the class is at MOS.
- The braided pastry sale pick-up is Thurs., Sept. 26th from 3:00 to 5:30. These are FROZEN, so be sure to make arrangements to have your order picked up in a timely manner. We have limited freezer space, so not picking up your order on the 26th is not an option.
- Did you miss out on pre-ordering last year to get the 2018-19 Yearbook? They will arrive soon and there are some extras. If you are interested in buying one on a first come basis the cost is $20 for the Elementary/Jr. High paperback yearbook; $40 for the High School hardback yearbook; and $50 for BOTH! Simply send in cash or a check made out to South Central Yearbook with a note and have your student give it to Mrs. Wallace in the library. She will send home the yearbook(s) with your student. There is a LIMITED number in stock! (THESE YEARBOOKS CONTAIN CLASSES, SPORTS, ACTIVITIES, AND MEMORIES FROM LAST SCHOOL YEAR!)
- Congratulations to the following students on being selected for the PLT (Principal’s Leadership Team):
o Ember Phillips, Jessica Doughty, Corbin Barber, Caiden Wilson, Grant Wallace, Chloe Beverly, Casey Back, Mayson Middaugh, Izzy Lucha, Jaleigh Riddle, Mya Inmon, Shane Paynter, and Karinne Mitchell.
News Worth Repeating
- Follow us on twitter @scms_trojans. Don’t miss out!
- 7th grade Math tutoring is on Tuesdays 2:30-3:30 and 8th grade Math tutoring is on Thursdays 2:30-3:30.
- Check out the daily announcements posted to the website. We have both a video and a print version available. Go to the Middle School page on the school website and then find the “Daily Announcement” link.
- All Middle School homework can now be found on http://southcentraltrojans.weebly.com or by visiting south-central.org under the Middle School tab labeled homework. The Weebly website is more mobile friendly and easier for students to check on their phones or iPod.
- 5-8 grade homework remind app is free to download. The information can be found at http://www.mrsoneyscomputerlab.com/remind-app.html
- Students in grades 5-8 are collecting box tops for Washington DC. As the box tops come in, the money earned will go toward the class’ Washington DC trip.
Right Mental Attitude